Thursday 24 July 2008

The Drain

I take the train (South West) everyday and my final destination is London Waterloo. (And traveling cost goes up every year, damn!) From Waterloo I continue my journey via Underground: Waterloo - City Line a.k.a. The Drain. It's about 3 minutes plus trip ending at Bank station. Now, this is when things get a bit annoying for me.

Why the heck can't people who opt to take the left side of the escalator keep on walking once they reach the end of the escalator. Same thing whether at the top or at the bottom of the line. Does it mean that people suddenly get tired near the end of the trail? Irks me everytime.

Same thing in KL. Haven't people realised yet after so many years that you are supposed to stand on the left should you opt to stand instead of walk? But I notice very seldom people are in a hurry in KL (as compared with Londoners) so definitely most will opt to stand and let the escalator bring 'em up or down. The worst is at Sentral Station when you are in a hurry to catch the commuter and some d!€#head blocks the escalator (and right on top of his/her head there's this signboard telling you where to stand). Idiots!!

There .. that's my pet peeve of the week.

No comments: