Monday 30 June 2008

Olé España - The Best in Europe

It was 1964, when Spain won the European Nations' Cup, 2 - 1 against the USSR. And 44 years later (oh so long) they emerged the Champions of Europe beating Germany 1 - 0. Thanks to (Fernando) Torres .. who was so dedicated & headstrong, managed to past Lahm after a not-so-great first touch and lobbing Lehman. I was imploring Torres to score, who to me is one of the best players in the Premiership (oh how I wish Man U can get hold of this guy). That plus he only managed to score once in the whole tournament before the final and he always gets replaced in the second half. And not to mention, wearing my fav no. 9

Spain was in control the whole time. The Germans were .. I don't know what to say .. lost? I think, should Turkey play them again, they'll get whipped.

Congrats to Spain: the Best in the Group, the Best in the Tournament and the Best in Europe.
Olé España, well done, excellent football, well deserved. Do I dare dream Malaysia to be at the same ranks with these guys?

2 comments:

Dentist and Me said...

Malaysia ? ? ? Wah kah kah kah

Dicken said...

Ooo hina tanah tumpah darah. Buang negara baru tau.