Friday 30 May 2008

Tu .. tuber .. what?

Took the Mantoux Skin Test last week inc. x-ray after local hospitals called the whole office crew (mine is St Peters Hospital) for TB test after Dell's predicament - who has been confirmed with TB disease. Test result today - Hampeh! Positive. The raised bump was 23 mm. Lebar tuuu! I just hope its Inactive Tuberculosis or Tuberculosis Infection. Coz I didn't have any symptom - no cough (let alone cough blood), no loss of appetite (lagi kuat melantak ada la), no loss of weight for no apparent reason (not sure about this one - coz I think I've lost 2 - 3 kg the past one month, but probably because I was conscious (sedar diri) in my eating). If its inactive or latent tuberculosis, it cannot be spread to others. However, it is important to note that inactive tuberculosis can develop into Tuberculosis Disease (Active Tuberculosis) within weeks to several years after the initial infection if the immune system of the infected person is weakened.

Arwah Abah was hospitalised before for TB. I suppose, I need to keep my immune system tip top lah. Camana tuh?

It may have been in me since whenever. TB Inside - macam Intel Inside plak. I really hope its just infection, coz that will mean I only have to take medication (2 types of anti-biotics) for 2 months. As opposed to Dell, who took 7 medications! For 6 months! Banyak side effects lak tu. Mengantuk, blurry eyes etc. Ish, leceh leceh. Nak buat camna, dah di Qada kan aku ada menda ni. Qadar nya je lah aku kena control & manage.

No comments: