Monday 17 November 2008

Leadership

There I was, sitting infront of the idiot box, squeezing my mind hoping that it would ooze out words for the speech/talk I'm preparing for my boss to present in Cardiff this weekend. The title is: Corporate Leadership: Challenges and Prospects (or is it Opportunities? whatever .. sounds the same to me). 

The TV was playing School of Rock .. you know, Jack Black. Damn! It's all there. He played a phony teacher after being thrown out of his rock band. And how stupid this may sound, his "teacher on crack" character really has some leadership qualities.
  • Has an eye for talent, not unlike Sir Alex of Man U.
  • Great empowerment - assigned each and everyone a great role according to their strength
  • Everybody listens to him! - although it was actually some kind of a manipulation
  • Flexible enough to change - who does what
  • Listens to & solves greviences - consoled the chubby black girl when she wanted out because of her weight problem
  • Understand the organization (school)
  • A great mentor/teacher - taught the class the evolution of rock
  • Leading the team - the Rock Band called the School of Rock
Damn! I enjoy this movie. Again.

Now, why am I writing this? I'm supposed to write the speech. Duh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was that movie vs my usual malay drama. My daughter won the tug-of-remote control.

Dicken said...

Aaahh! Sign of the first woman Prime Minister.

Maya Nizwa said...

Saya pun suka School of Rock! Ada DVD dia wa cakap lu. Nak pinjam? hehehe

Dentist and Me said...

wa phon ske ceta tu dah banyak kali iwa lihat